Friday, April 10, 2009

Your Mistake

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:
Your Mistake
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:51:44 -0800
From:
Jackson Snead
Reply-To:
merlininvic@shaw.ca
To:
feedback@bmo.com
Dear Bank Of Montreal
My Aunt Marge was dyslexic and used to pray to dog for forgiveness.
Although her German Shepherd was well treated and enjoyed an exalted
position in her house, she probably went to hell.
Regardless, she never discovered her error and went through her entire
life believing that dogs were the way to salvation.
Part of that was my fault for never telling her, but I didn’t like her
and figured I would just let her walk her own path; where-ever it may lead.
Luckily, I like you at the Bank Of Montreal, so out of love, I feel
obligated to point out an error that you have been making for many
years. Please do not take this as criticism of your intelligence or
integrity or anything else. It’s just a spelling mistake and that’s all.
Everybody makes mistakes and most people never even saw this one. I only
caught it because of my previous experience with Aunt Marge.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that your initials are actually
B.O.M. not B.M.O. as I see all over your ads and hear on the radio.
Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but I guess I feel some
guilt about letting Aunt Marge slide down the slippery slope to
purgatory. Perhaps I can make it up by helping others such as you folks
at B.O.M..
Please let me know if this helps.
Thank you,
Jackson Snead

Dear Jackson,
Thank you for contacting BMO Bank of Montreal This is Linda and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
I can advise that ‘BMO’ is the chosen abbreviation of the name 'Bank of Montreal'. Since ‘BOM’ would be the abbreviation in English for 'Bank of Montreal', and in French the abbreviation would be ‘BDM’ for 'Banque de Montréal', the abbreviation 'BMO' is used, as it is accepted in both official languages of Canada. In addition, the Toronto Stock Exchange and other trading indexes have assigned BMO Financial Group the abbreviation ‘BMO’, which is another reason why this abbreviation was chosen to represent BMO Bank of Montreal and BMO Financial Group.

We appreciate you contacting BMO Bank of Montreal and would like to wish you and your family the very best for the Holiday Season.
Sincerely,
Linda Holt
BMO Bank of Montreal Direct Banking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home